Communications & Network Technical Support (regio Machelen)
• Network architecture and topology
• Cisco LAN switching
• Cisco Wireless
• Partner WAN (PWAN)
• External Connectivity (third party, S2S VPN, …)
• Avaya voice systems including Call Center solutions
• Communications and network security
• Interfaces with service providers, partners, peer network operations, Risk and Security in regards to network and telephony matters.
• Acts in compliance with the industry and technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures.
• Provides technical support in the network data and voice areas.
• Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
• Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
• Driving issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources.
• Leading technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction.
• Providing guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
• Ensuring projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line customer care through engineering.
• Providing documentation and knowledge base updates as products and tools evolve.
• In scope of the integration activities, contributing to the migration of the office networks, telephony and call-center environments to the target solutions.
• Responsible for the operational activities in the network and telephony domain.
• You are flexible, have no 9-to-5 attitude and willing to achieve an extra mile when required.
• Delivers management information to the Team Leader or the Manager “IT Operations”.
• Active contribution to other Integration streams having impact on the network and telephony environment.
• A Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in network engineering and telecommunications.
• In-depth knowledge of network services (routing, WiFi, security, unified communications) including branch office and Data Center applications.
• In-depth knowledge of firewall configuration and maintenance.
• Ability to troubleshoot and engineer wireless network for optimal coverage and reliability.
• Understanding of network traffic analysis, remote access techniques and systems, state full inspection, encryption, authentication and authorization technologies.
• In-depth knowledge of carrier class data/voice network services (LAN/WAN, routing& protocols, BGP4, MPLS, VPLS, EVPL, POS, etc.).
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, CheckPoint, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of IP implementations, including QoS, Layer 2/3 environments.
• In-depth knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, SIP, VPN, and MPLS technologies.
• Experience and/or knowledge of Avaya, Genesys and/or equivalent solutions is a plus.
• Knowledge of process and procedures around systems and possesses critical and thinking skills to work independently to solve technical issues.
• Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNA Wi-Fi or similar industry certifications.
• Proven experience in significant communication and network infrastructure migration and/or integration projects.
• Strong written and verbal skills and a very good knowledge of English and Dutch/French.
• Customer focused.
• Able to work independently.
• Action and result oriented.
• Well organized.
• A problem solver in the communications and network domain.
• A good communicator.
• Able to speak the language of the “user”.
An of Joris
* De vacatures zijn opgemaakt in de taal van de klant.