An helpt je graag verder op 0474 87 23 86 of via an [dot] liekens [at] elmos [dot] be.
Business Analayst Data Migration
The Business Analyst will take a leading role in the data migration track of a strategic transformation program which aims to phase out the current mainframe solution and setup a new IT capability hosted SaaS solution.
In this setting you will be part of a dedicated cross-functional workgroup consisting of analysts, business experts and developers. You will report to the IT project manager.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities :
- Collaborate with the supplier and business experts to understand the data specifications (scope of data to be migrated) and align on data definitions
- Search for and Interpret existing data, programs and processes to do the data mapping and fit-gap analysis
- Create qualitative data exports to feed the target data model.
- Define the functional specification of the developments required to resolve gaps, in collaboration with the development team.
- Coordinate with the development team ensuring a predictable delivery of technical solutions in your backlog
- Coordinate with the business team to ensure data clean up if required
- Contribute to the overall testing and migration approach for the data migration track
- Test the solution in the integrated environment following the Agile method, and/or assist the business in doing so.
- Assist/support the process of release management
- Provide a transparent status report to the track lead
Secondary Tasks and responsibilities :
- Quality assurance & impact analysis
- Test the final solution as proposed to the end users
- Documentation and reporting
- Provide advice and expertise
- Creation of manuals
Technical profile requirements :
- +5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in large and complex data migration projects (data mapping, gap solving)
- Proven experience in testing data migrations: test case definition, test execution, data quality checks
- able to interpret and understand database models (mainframe) and launch queries via SQL
- Expert knowledge of MS Office tools
- experience with these applications is a plus: Enterprise Architect, Eclipse, Git
Non-Technical profile requirements :
- Strong solution minded approach
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communicational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
- Team player
- Master's Degree in Computer Science OR equivalent through experience.
- FR and NL
- ENG is a plus