We are investing in new technology to increase our productivity and expand our commercial offerings. Several projects will be launched within this context, starting with the creation of a local data lab. This lab will become the backbone for corporate reporting and data driven innovation, serving as a source for data and tooling for projects to come. Future projects that will use the local data lab include predictive equipment maintenance, next mode of transport prediction and digitization an optimization of hinterland transport.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible to populate the data lab with relevant data. You will support the design, implementation and maintenance of data flow channels and data processing systems to extract, transform, load and integrate data from various sources in a scalable, repeatable and secure manner. You will define optimal solutions for data uploading, data extraction, processing and warehousing. You will focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights accessible through multiple platforms.
You will have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and support the translation of business needs into corporate reporting and data analytics initiatives. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of data enabled projects and propagate data analytics in the organization.
You will report to the responsible BI of local IT.
• Understand, realise and maintain the reference architecture as well as the total orchestration of services
• Support the design, implementation and maintenance of data flow channels and data processing systems to extract, transform, load and integrate data from various sources in an automated, scalable, repeatable and secure manner
• Define optimal solutions to data uploading, data extraction, processing and warehousing
• Create, handle and tests code in different programming and scripting languages to develop and implement the platform
• Assess the opportunities and impact of new services when available
• Collaborate with stakeholders to understand needs for data structure, availability, integrity, quality, scalability and accessibility
• Identify and validate data sources and methods for data preparation
• Plan, implement and monitor data quality management, facilitate data cleaning, enrichment and quality improvement, assists with rectification of data quality issues
• Strong command of English and Dutch, both spoken and written
• Data infrastructure: Logical/physical data modelling, database design/optimization/administration, data integration/migration, master data/meta data management
• Data understanding: Data quality analysis and testing, data mapping from business requirements collection and exploration of data
• Data preparation: ETL activities, data cleaning, fusion, augmentation, feature engineering
• Deployment: Data warehouse architecture, API/interface development
• Data Platform: Good understanding of the required building blocks in Azure and solid understanding of the concept of a data platform which connects different sources, collects & unifies data and produces Enterprise certified assets such as business tabular cubes
• Disciplined and organized, with a strong sense of ownership and ability to work under pressure
• Self-driven, proactive, able to work independently as well as in teams
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within a fast paced, changing environment
• Technical savvy with passion for MS Azure
• Master degree or equivalent through experience
An of Joris
* De vacatures zijn opgemaakt in de taal van de klant.